Building a digital banking leader.
Digital Agility for Banking Leader
A long-time leader in the Irish banking industry, with over 1 million Irish customers and 70+ branches across Ireland, Permanent tsb holds a reputation for customer service and as the bank of the Irish home owner. Back in 2015, PTSB recognised that their commitment to customer service and centricity was not reflected in their online experience, and they commissioned Made to Engage to help them level up for a new era in digital banking.
They also recognised the need for greater marketing agility to create rich, relevant, and engaging content and campaigns around their financial products and services. We embarked on a journey to put their customer in the driving seat, creating a suite of services and tools which would help them understand product fit, and to begin the process of securing their dream home, car or wedding.
The objective was to create an digital experience and management platform which would allow Permanent tsb to boost engagement, drive qualified leads into self-service funnels, increase conversions and reduce the need for branch visits.
Important, always – but by 2020? Vital.
The priority was to translate PTSB’s in-branch customer experience for a digital audience – creating an intuitive, welcoming and interactive space where customers could access live information and self-service tools relevant to their unique financial needs. We partnered with user experience research agency, Fathom, to help inform the most customer-centric banking experience we could imagine.
The new navigation and design reflected a customer centric view of the financial products most suitable for saving, loans, credit and mortgage – centred around life events, providing custom calculators, tools and guidance to inform and direct customers. A mobile-first approach was also essential, responding to the seismic shift in banking trends.
Agility and customer centricity were quickly proven to pay dividends.
With the new content, campaigns and personalised approach to delivery across all devices, engagement, leads and conversion all improved by double digits in the months post launch.
The time required to deliver personalised marketing campaigns around product releases and promotions was slashed by up to 80%.
Building on solid foundations
Since 2017, Made to Engage has continued to work with Permanent tsb to deliver a programme of transformative projects which has tightened the integrations between their public facing corporate and retail banking website, with back office, CRM and banking platforms empowering the customer to self-serve on key banking facilities.
When the Covid crisis hit, PTSB’s platform was poised for a rapid response, empowering customers to self-manage mortgage holidays, emergency borrowing and more.
Headlines & highlights
Digital Experience Management
- Implemented Episerver CMS to create complete flexibility and control on content, layout, promotions and personalisation.
- Crafted a new customer experience that worked beautifully across all devices
- Development of online forms, tools and calculators which integrated with backend to streamline acquisition and enhance customer self-serve functionality
- Integration to back office, CRM and banking platforms
- Training and support for a digital and CX team growing in size, capability and ambition
- Capability to manage, personalise and test every element of the site
- Streamlined marketing and content management including personalisation and A/B testing
- Partnership, support and training and PTSB develops the ambitiousness of its digital campaigns
For PTSB customers
- A personalised, intuitive online banking experience
- Mobile optimised for ultimate convenience
- Access to live information such as borrowing calculators and loan repayment information, 24/7
We’ve now partnered with Permanent tsb for over 5 years as the digital and banking landscape has continued to evolve at pace.
We continue to focus on a digital future where both personal and business banking activity is increasingly conducted online, offering customers more convenience and autonomy than ever before.
We’re excited to work with an ambitious banking leader who continues to seek potential for enhanced experience and performance and one who puts the customer at the heart of their digital ambitions.
Want to discuss a project with us? Just fill out the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
You might also like...