Belfast / London
The agency's purpose is to create growth and value for our clients, their customers and our people. We are building a world where digital experiences connect, serve and sell more. We lead in our field, so you can lead in yours.
The technology team deliver the solutions which sit at the heart of the digital experiences we deliver, with expertise in the design, architecture, implementation, validation and optimisation of high-availability, high-capacity websites and integrations.
We are recognised experts in the implementation and use of Episerver products covering E-Commerce, Content Management, Customer Data and Marketing Automation. We have 10 Episerver certified developers and our team comprises of 2 Episerver Most Valuable Professionals (from only 50 worldwide) who are recognised for their product and industry expertise.
The team has 4 functions split across the full technology delivery lifecycle: Architecture, Development, Quality Assurance and Support.
The Development function is a distributed team of front end / user interface developers and .NET development experts who deliver high-quality solutions to agreed technical designs.
Purpose of the role
The Technical Lead (TL) is the key technical contact through the implementation phase of a project, working closely with the Delivery Manager. The TL is a hands-on experienced developer, leading a dedicated development team comprising of front-end and back-end developers and quality assurance analysts, to deliver successful technical solutions and project outcomes.
The Technical Lead develops code, using their skills and experience to deliver high quality implementations that set a standard for their team(s). The role is responsible for the full technical output of the team, ensuring projects are well planned and solutions are delivered to specification and estimate, using agreed best practise.
The TL is 50% coding/50% management and may lead multiple projects at any given time.
Key Outcomes of the role
- High-quality technical solutions that meet specification and exceed client expectation
- Well planned and executed technical delivery, including onboarding, planning, development, and testing phases
- A motivated and inspired development team, willing to go the extra mile
- Best practise delivery, ensuring technical standards are maintained, upheld and improved
Critical Success Factors
- On-time delivery of high standard technical solutions, by taking responsibility for the quality and approach taken by al members of the development team
- Motivated development team(s), who plan, estimate, and execute effectively
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of development processes and standards
- Strong relationship with the Technical Architect / Delivery Manager to stay on plan and lead the team through the development phase
Your main relationships
- Technical Team (Developers, Quality Assurance)
- Delivery Manager
- Business Analyst
- Technical Architect
Day to Day Activities
- Lead daily stand-ups, with multiple delivery teams, ensuring teams remain focussed on goals
- Planning, defining and assigning technical tasks to team members
- Supporting and mentoring direct reports and technical team members to ensure they can progress in their tasks
- Develop code and solutions to meet project goals and specifications,
- Producing project delivery plans with Delivery Managers and Technical Architects
- Writing and maintaining technical and solution documentation
What we need
The skillset required to excel in this role is broad, with the right individual needing to demonstrate strong capabilities in the following areas:
- Good communication skills, to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Be able to breakdown complex technical projects into discrete tasks
- Ability to accurately estimate, appropriate to the level of detail supplied
- Ability to manage your time and workload effectively
- Be prepared to go the extra mile to deliver successful outcomes
- Expert knowledge of ASP.NET framework, SQL Server or Client-side web technologies such as Vue or React
- Good working knowledge of developing and integrating with third party systems, using, REST / SOAP
- Knowledge of design patterns, object-oriented, service-oriented architectures and distributed application development
- Knowledge of project management and delivery methodologies such as PRINCE 2 and Agile / Scrum
- Knowledge of software development industry best-practise and current innovation
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of working with web-based technologies
- Experience of web development for high volume transactional web sites and online systems, including content management and / or e-commerce systems
- Experience of leading a software development team and/or managing technical team members
- Experience of working with version control (e.g. Git) and development task management and continuous integration platforms (such as JIRA, Azure DevOps)
- Specific experience of managing complex website builds with multiple work streams and projects
- Experience and comfort working with multiple projects and cross-functional teams (e.g., UX/Creative/Strategy)
It would be extra nice if you had
- Experience working with the Episerver Digital Experience Platform / Suite of products
- Experience developing modern single page applications using client-side frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular
- Desire to write and share your experience with communities
- Competitive salary
- 24 days annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Work on innovative projects with ambitious clients in Ireland and the UK
- Flexible working
- Continuous training opportunities
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Regular team building activities
- Vibrant modern office in the City Centre
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
The Next Step
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, we'd love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV via the form below.