Belfast / London / Remote
The agency's purpose is to create growth and value for our clients, their customers and our people. We are building a world where digital experiences connect, serve and sell more. We lead in our field, so you can lead in yours.
The technology team deliver the solutions which sit at the heart of the digital experiences we deliver, with expertise in the design, architecture, implementation, validation and optimisation of high-availability, high-capacity websites and integrations.
We are recognised experts in the implementation and use of Episerver products covering E-Commerce, Content Management, Customer Data and Marketing Automation. We have 10 Episerver certified developers and our team comprises of 2 Episerver Most Valuable Professionals (from only 50 worldwide) who are recognised for their product and industry expertise.
The team has 4 functions split across the full technology delivery lifecycle: Architecture, Development, Quality Assurance and Support.
The Development function is a distributed team of front end / user interface developers and .NET development experts who deliver high-quality solutions to agreed technical designs.
Purpose of the role
A Technical Architect is involved from the formative stages of a project right the way through to delivery. The Technical Architect role is responsible for distilling functional and non-functional requirements into an overall solution design and acts as the main technical point of contact for a project. The TA will lead multiple projects at any given time.
Key Outcomes of the role
- Technical estimates and responses to proposals and client requests, prepared with the Client Services team
- Functional and non-functional requirements, prepared and agreed with clients and internal teams and delivered as user stories and acceptance criteria for use by the delivery teams
- Solution Architecture documentation, communicating the overall technical design of a solution
- Strong relationship with Clients - act as the technical point of contact through the project ‘Start Up’ phase
- Strong relationship with the Technical Lead / Delivery Manager to support and advise through the implementation phase
- Best practise delivery, ensuring technical standards are maintained, upheld and improved
Critical Success Factors
- Quality, robust and feasible technical solutions in response to client briefs and requests
- Well-communicated technical vision, to clients and internal teams
- Well executed projects delivered in a timely nature and to a high standard
Your main relationships
- Client Services
- Delivery Manager / Business Analyst
- Digital Experience
- Technical Lead
Day to Day Activities
- Writing responses and pitch presentations
- Providing estimates and technical responses for client briefs
- Work with external technology suppliers to define and understand solutions
- Writing and maintain solution architecture documentation
- Creation of user stories
- Join daily stand-ups, with multiple delivery teams
- Producing project and delivery plans with delivery managers and technical leads
What we need
The skillset required to excel in this role is broad, with the right individual needing to demonstrate strong capabilities in the following areas:
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Be able to breakdown complex technical projects into discrete tasks
- Ability to accurately estimate, appropriate to the level of detail supplied
- Ability to manage your time and workload effectively
- Knowledge of design patterns, object-oriented, service-oriented architectures and distributed application development
- Practical knowledge of best practises and standards for .NET development
- Knowledge of project management and delivery methodologies such as PRINCE 2 and Agile / Scrum
- Knowledge of Industry best-practise and current innovation
- 8+ years of software development experience with a minimum of 3 year of client facing experience
- 3+ years of working with web-based technologies
- Experience designing the architecture of a system (tools: Visio, LucidChart, Enterprise Architect)
- Specific experience managing complex website builds with multiple work streams and projects
- Experience with modern web architectures and best practices: performance, security, cloud, mobile-first, web services, CMS platforms, headless architectures, etc.
- Experience and comfort working with multiple clients and cross-functional teams (e.g., UX/Creative/Strategy)
- Experience of team management or team leadership
- Proven ability to negotiate Statements of Work and contracts – effectively forecasting and scoping work with teams in close collaboration with Delivery Management
It would be extra nice if you had
- Experience working with the Episerver Digital Experience Platform / Suite of products
- Desire to write and share your experience with communities
- Competitive salary
- 24 days annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Work on innovative projects with ambitious clients in Ireland, the UK and on a global scale
- Flexible working
- Continuous training opportunities
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Regular team building activities
- Vibrant modern office in the City Centre
- Remote working available
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
The Next Step
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, we'd love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV via the form below.