Senior UX Designer
Belfast / London
The agency's purpose is to create growth and value for our clients, their customers and our people. We are building a world where digital experiences connect, serve and sell more. We lead in our field, so you can lead in yours.
You’ll have the chance to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team environment alongside best of breed UX Designers, Senior Developers and Front-end Developers for world class clients, using leading technology and agile best practice.
Purpose of the role
To be able to translate high-level requirements into interactions and artefacts, transforming these into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs that support our clients in delivering an exceptional customer experience.
Key Outcomes of the role
- Balance user needs and commercial needs of our clients
- Dream big but remain practical in making recommendations where necessary
- Own the voice of the user within projects
- Work with clients to improve product design performance
- Can work with a business to identity how to use existing Customer Journey Frameworks and specify appropriate dimensions
- Can create journeys that deliver on the commercial requirements
- Can explore pattern designs that are most appropriate for the audience
- Can create and test a proposed taxonomy using methods such as card sorting
- Can create screeners and discussion guides for research, conducting analysis to inform summary reports
Your main relationships
You will come into contact will every stage of the design process that will require collaborating with broad range of subject matter experts, though your core working team will consist of:
- UX Director
- Creative Director
- Data Researchers & UI Design
- Delivery Management Team
Day to Day Activities
- Conducting reviews based upon dimensions provided
- Website user journey creation including templates and modules used
- Responsive wireframe creation
- Specification writing
- Hooking up prototypes
- Review of customer journey to inform creating review dimensions
- Creation of module catalogues
- Adaptive wireframes and native app creation
- Creating test scripts for prototypes and assessing findings
- Contributing to client playbacks
What we need
The skillset required to excel in this role is broad, with the right individual needing to demonstrate strong capabilities in the following areas:
- A Bachelor's degree in Design or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Understand user needs, gathering requirements and translate these into user journeys and wireframe interfaces.
- Knowledge of some of the following: user research, usability testing methods and A/B testing.
- Awareness of website structures with HTML & CSS at desktop, tablet and mobile… you will not need to code, just know about the fundamentals
- 5+ years’ experience working in the digital sector
- Using Figma or Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and/or any other vector based graphic design software to create mock-ups.
- Prototyping in a tool of your choice, with some awareness of interaction design.
- Ability to communicate effectively any ideas and final designs to internal stakeholders and peers with the ability to take on constructive feedback.
It would be extra nice if you had
- An infectious interest in all things creative and digital
- A portfolio that showcases not just your experience, but your personality
- A dynamic and positive personality
- Competitive salary
- 24 days annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Work on innovative projects with ambitious clients in Ireland and the UK
- Flexible working
- Continuous training opportunities
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Regular team building activities
- Vibrant modern office in the City Centre
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
The Next Step
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, we'd love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV plus cover note, including a recent portfolio, via the form below.