We are Ireland’s fastest-growing digital agency working with globally leading brands to transform experiences at every interaction.
It’s a mindset. An ambition. It’s constantly striving to be the best. In our drive to deliver world-class solutions for our clients, we’re looking for talented people who want to join us on the journey.
We’ve come a long way but we’re just getting started…
Since 2012, we’ve been using our design, marketing and technology solutions to grow businesses. With a presence in three major cities, global partners and clients, and a fit-to-burst trophy cabinet, we’re enjoying our success. But we need smart, capable people to continue our rise to the top.
The technology team deliver the solutions which sit at the heart of the digital experiences we deliver, with expertise in the design, architecture, implementation, validation and optimisation of high-availability, high-capacity websites and integrations.
We are recognised experts in the implementation and use of Optimizely products covering E-Commerce, Content Management, Customer Data and Marketing Automation. We have 10 Optimizely certified developers who are recognised for their product and industry expertise.
The team has 4 functions split across the full technology delivery lifecycle: Architecture, Development, Quality Assurance and Operations.
The Operations function is a key service for our global client list, providing them with proactive platform management and accelerated restoration of their service in the event of any incident.
Purpose of the role
The Incident Manager leads a dedicated team, delivering responsive, high-quality incident resolution and support, ensuring any impact to our clients is minimised.
The Incident Manager has overall responsibility for the Incident Management service
- Oversee the Incident Management process and team members involved in incident response
- Managing the cost of service, balancing effective response with necessary service improvements
Working with a small team of 1st and 2nd line engineers and quality assurance analysts, the Incident Manger leads and plays an active role in the team, ensuring our 247-incident response is quick, well-communicated and effective.
Outside of incidents, the Incident Manger; manages client and solution onboarding, leads our internal change and release process, manages documentation and internal knowledge transfer so that the incident team are best prepared to respond to the next incident.
Critical Success Factors
- Minimise disruption to clients
- A well-managed cost of service
- Calm and well managed responses to incidents, including triage, identification, logging, prioritisation, diagnosis, response, and adherence to SLA’s
- High quality client communications, and accurate and clear service reporting
- An effective and prepared team
Your main relationships
- Operations Team (Engineers, Quality Assurance, DevOps)
- Delivery Managers
- Technical Architects
Day to Day Activities
- Respond to reported client issues, triage and mange through to a resolution
- Communicate with clients and the internal team, providing updates on incidents and status
- Manage the team, ensuring adequate service coverage; leading daily stand-ups - ensuring the team are focussed on highest priority items issues and service improvement tasks.
- Produce monthly reports and participate in client service reviews
- Lead the change and release management process, ensuring that all changes to the service are identified and assessed by the team prior to go-live
- Write and maintain service catalogues, solution documentation and resolution scripts
What we need
The skillset required to excel in this role is broad, with the right individual needing to demonstrate strong capabilities in the following areas:
- Excellent communication skills, to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Strong problem-solving skills and logical thinking
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage yours and your teams time and workload effectively
- Be prepared to go the extra mile to deliver successful outcomes
- Knowledge of ITIL, and specifically incident, problem and release management
- Knowledge of project management and delivery methodologies such as PRINCE 2 and Agile / Scrum
- Knowledge of software development industry best-practise and current innovation
- 2+ years of being a part of an ITIL based incident management function
- Experience troubleshooting customer issues
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- Specific experience of managing complex website builds with multiple work streams and projects
It would be extra nice if you had
- Experience of web technologies, specifically those used for high volume transactional web sites and online systems, including content management and e-commerce
- Desire to write and share your experience with communities
- Competitive salary
- 24 days annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Work on innovative projects with ambitious clients in Ireland and the UK
- Flexible working
- Health Insurance
- Continuous training opportunities
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Regular team building activities
- Vibrant modern office in the City Centre
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
The Next Step
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, we'd love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV via the form below.