Front End Developer
Belfast / London
The agency's purpose is to create growth and value for our clients, their customers and our people. We are building a world where digital experiences connect, serve and sell more. We lead in our field, so you can lead in yours.
The technology team deliver the solutions which sit at the heart of the digital experiences we deliver, with expertise in the design, architecture, implementation, validation and optimisation of high-availability, high-capacity websites and integrations.
We are recognised experts in the implementation and use of Episerver products covering E-Commerce, Content Management, Customer Data and Marketing Automation. We have 10 Episerver certified developers and our team comprises of 2 Episerver Most Valuable Professionals (from only 50 worldwide) who are recognised for their product and industry expertise.
The team has 4 functions split across the full technology delivery lifecycle: Architecture, Development, Quality Assurance and Support.
The Development function is a distributed team of front end / user interface developers and .NET development experts who deliver high-quality solutions to agreed technical designs.
Purpose of the role
The Front-End Developer creates and develops beautifully crafted, high-quality user interfaces that bring design wireframes to life, as accessible, secure, and easy to use web/mobile interfaces.
Working as a part of a multi-discipline team across one or multiple projects at any one time. The front-end developer role is responsible for creating HTML interfaces and components based on the design and wireframes produced by the Digital Experience team. The front-end developer works closely with Technical Developers and Quality Assurance Analysts and supports them to integrate and validate the interface components into large scale / high-volume CMS, Ecommerce and mobile applications.
Critical Success Factors
- The creation of beautifully crafted user interfaces that bring design wireframes to life, providing accessible, easy to use web/mobile interfaces that match agreed designs and meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Contribution to front-end team initiatives around best practice and reusable coding libraries
Your main relationships
- Senior Front-End Developer
- Technical Lead
- Quality Assurance Analysts
- Delivery Manager / Business Analyst
- Digital Experience Team (Design / UX)
Day to Day Activities
- Building reusable and modular components and libraries for future use
- Working closely with colleagues in Digital Experience & Design, to assess designs and wireframes and feedback on feasibility and implementation effort
- Working closely with the Delivery Manager and Technical Lead to create and estimate technical tasks necessary to meet user stories / requirements
- Working with the Quality Assurance team to help them validate that your work meets the desired acceptance criteria
- Actively maintain team standards, such as browser compatibility matrix and front-end build processes.
- Join daily stand-ups, with multiple delivery teams
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed and sharing these with other members of the team
What we need
The skillset required to excel in this role is broad, with the right individual needing to demonstrate at least 3+ years experience of strong capabilities in the following areas:
- Strong Understanding of modern front-end build processes, specifically including Web Pack and CSS pre-processing platforms such as Sass.
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Ability to breakdown complex technical requirements into discrete tasks and to provide accurate estimates, appropriate to the level of detail supplied
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and in the ability to work collaboratively with a variety of colleagues and clients in sometimes challenging circumstances.
- Ability to manage your time and workload effectively
- An eye for detail and a methodical and rigorous approach to your work
- Practical knowledge of best practices and standards for modern front-end development
- Practical knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and methods to work around them
- Practical knowledge of Web Accessibility standards
- Knowledge of SEO practices and how this relates to HTML development (such as Schema, Rich Snippets and other types of meta information)
- Knowledge of Industry best-practice and current innovation
- Experience working with cross discipline teams (such as Design, User Experience and Development)
- Experience of graphics and wireframe software packages such as Photoshop, Invision, Zeplin
- Experience of using distributed source control systems such as Git in a large development team performing Continuous Integration
It would be extra nice if you had
- Experience working with the Episerver Digital Experience Platform / Suite of products
- Understanding of the Microsoft Azure DevOps platform for accessing team boards, sprints and project changes
- Experience delivering Single Page Applications working with external APIs, using either Vue or React
- Experience in building design systems/modular design methodology
- Desire to write and share your experience within the company and external communities
- Competitive salary
- 24 days annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Work on innovative projects with ambitious clients in Ireland and the UK
- Flexible working
- Continuous training opportunities
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Regular team building activities
- Vibrant modern office in the City Centre
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
The Next Step
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, we'd love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV via the form below.