Belfast / London
Made to Engage has recently joined UNRVLD, one of the UK’s leading digital experience agencies. The union will enable us to take on even more ambitious challenges for our clients and our team, to build further on our shared success pioneering digital excellence with leading brands for transformative business growth.
Now, with offices across the UK and in Europe, we are an agency without borders, delivering digital solutions worldwide. A global family of digital experts, we nurture our people to be the best they can be for themselves, our clients and their customers.
The technology team deliver the solutions which sit at the heart of the digital experiences we deliver, with expertise in the design, architecture, implementation, validation and optimisation of high-availability, high-capacity websites and integrations.
We are recognised experts in the implementation and use of Optimizely products covering E-Commerce, Content Management, Customer Data and Marketing Automation. We have 10 Optimizely certified developers and our team comprises of 2 Optimizely Most Valuable Professionals (from only 50 worldwide) who are recognised for their product and industry expertise.
The team has 4 functions split across the full technology delivery lifecycle: Architecture, Development, Quality Assurance and Support.
The Development function is a distributed team of front end / user interface developers and .NET development experts who deliver high-quality solutions to agreed technical designs.
Purpose of the role
The Technical Developer role develops code using their skills and experience to deliver high quality implementations, to agreed technical designs supporting the overall project goals.
Working as part of a multi-discipline team across one or multiple projects at any one time, the Technical Developer role works closely with Front End Developers and Quality Assurance Analysts, under the direction of a Technical Lead to develop large scale / high-volume CMS, Ecommerce and mobile
Key Outcomes of the role
- Delivery of high-quality backend and integration code within agreed estimates and acceptance criteria
- Well documented code and solutions, allowing efficient and effective handover to quality assurance and support
- Contribution to development team initiatives around technical standards, best practise and reusable coding libraries
Your main relationships
- Developers (Front-end + Technical)
- Technical Lead
- Quality Assurance Analysts
- Delivery Manager / Business Analyst
Day to Day Activities
- Developing code primarily using C# and JS to meet project goals and specifications
- Building reusable code, functions and libraries for future use
- Working closely with the Delivery Manager and Technical Lead to create and estimate technical tasks necessary to meet user stories / requirements
- Working with the Quality Assurance team to help them validate that your work meets the desired acceptance criteria
- Actively maintain team standards and documentation, such as coding house rules and technical build and delivery processes
- Join daily stand-ups, with multiple delivery teams
- Contributing to a team culture of code reviewing, constructive critique, communication, quality & innovation
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed and sharing these with other members of the team
What we need
The skillset required to excel in this role is broad, with the right individual needing to demonstrate strong capabilities in the following areas:
- Good communication skills, to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to accurately estimate, appropriate to the level of detail supplied
- Ability to manage your time and workload effectively
- Ability to manage your time and workload effectively
- An eye for detail and a methodical and rigorous approach to your work
- Be prepared to go the extra mile to deliver successful outcomes
- Expert knowledge of .NET framework & SQL Server
- Good working knowledge of developing and integrating with third party systems, using, REST /SOAP
- Knowledge of design patterns, object-oriented, service-oriented architectures and distributed
- Knowledge of software development industry best-practise and current innovation
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of working with web-based technologies
- Experience of working with version control (e.g. Git) and development task management and continuous integration platforms (such as JIRA, DevOps)
- Experience and comfort working with multiple projects and cross-functional teams (e.g.UX/Creative/Strategy)
It would be extra nice if you had
- Experience working with the modern digital marketing systems (Optimizely), such as Content Management, Ecommerce, Marketing Automation and digital analytics and optimisation systems
- Experience developing modern single page applications using client-side frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular
- Desire to write and share your experience with communities
- Competitive salary
- 24 days annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Work on innovative projects with ambitious clients in Ireland and the UK
- Flexible working
- Health Insurance
- Continuous training opportunities
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Regular team building activities
- Vibrant modern office in the City Centre
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
The Next Step
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, we'd love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV via the form below.